Saturday, January 14, 2012

First Acutal week to report on Goals and Recipe

I hope this past week has been good to you. Mine has been interesting.  Some days were good some days were bad, like most weeks are. This past week was hard because I was constantly tired. I would sleep 7 to 8 hours still wake up tired not wanting to get out of bed while hitting the snooze button a million times. Let’s see how I did on my goals.

Weekly Goal – How am I doing?

Goal 1 – Work out and lose weight. I was semi successful with this goal I went to the gym four times this week. Three days out of the week I worked out for 60 minutes, I was so proud of myself and one day I workout for 30 min. My diet totally bombed. I ate a whole chocolate cake by myself. Good news was when I made the cake I cut it in half and only made half of what the recipe called for. It was finger licking good. Recipe is down below.

Goal 2 - Write on my first book. Last Saturday I brought up that I wanted to cut up the chapter and pick one blindly then start writing that chapter, which is what I did. I picked chapter 8. I started writing but the more ideas I have gotten the longer the chapter will be so I have only finished half of the chapter. I will have the rest of Chapter 8 done by next Saturday and it will be awesome. 

What problems do you think I will run into by doing different chapters instead of writing full from beginning to end?

Goal 3 – Let my outside shine. On the hair front I am doing better and people love my new hair cut. On the make up front I have failed badly only wore makeup one day this week.

Recipe of the Week

This week I tried out a chocolate cake recipe.

http://viveleveganrecipes.blogspot.com/#!/2007/08/blog-post.html

 In the recipe on the cake side the only change I made was instead of all purpose flour I used cake flour. I did not try out her frosting recipe that goes with the cake recipe because I did not have tofu but I do want to try it out one day.

This cake was so amazing good. I was licking the bowl when I poured in pan to be backed, I am not kidding when I say I licked the bowl and spatula clean. When it was done baking I was having such a chocolate craving I couldn’t wait for it to cool down I just gobbled it up, it was beyond words good.  I also made a frosting glaze with cocoa powder, confection sugar, almond milk, and a little bit of butter (not much).

This cake was so good that I dropped a piece on the floor and I had to stop myself from picking it up off the floor and eating it, that good.  Yes I did throw it away.

Here are some pictures of my cake:

The middle looks sunken in because apparently I didn’t bake it the right amount of time but still so amazing good.

Those whit egg looking things are just powder sugar lumps that got past the fork when I I was whisking the glaze together. This was the very first piece. Was too chocolate crazed to wait for cool down to cut me a piece.

I am not a professional picture taker, so my pictures are very amateurish. These pictures were taken with my I Phone.
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment