Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Day of my 2012 Resultions


The last time I wrote I let you know what my goals were. Today is officially my first day on my goals. 1, 2, 2.5, 2.7, oh okay 3 here I come ready or not on my goals for the year.

Goal 1 – lose weight. I went to the gym today and did one hour on the elliptical machine; really got into it. The music in my ear and my legs pumping away all the while trying not to look at the people behind me on the treadmill with either horror knowing they can probably see my huge behinney or with envy wishing I could be like them while they are huffing and puffing away the miles but due to a bad knee, doc says no.

Goal 2 – Well considering today is the beginning of the week I have yet to actually write but I have been finishing up the chapter list and explanation of each chapter, getting all my stuff organized and coming up with ideas on the treadmill today. I was thinking of printing the chapters and cutting them apart and folding them and each week pulling one out blindly and writing about that chapter, what do you think? I hope to have either half a chapter or a full chapter done by next Saturday.

Goal 3 – Well that one is going not so good, I was too lazy this week, no make up for me and well with my new hair style just putting a headband with flowers in it makes me look good, so that is what I did.

Besides my goals I worked on a few recipes. The first recipe is mushroom (supposed to be like meat balls) balls.  I originally got the recipe from http://www.vegangela.com/2010/10/05/vegan-meat-balls/

Her recipe calls for Arborio (risotto) rice but I didn’t have that in my pantry. I had some brown rice and jasmine rice so I made some jasmine rice instead. However the whole point of her rice was to make the balls stick together. I added in a flax egg instead. Instead of bread crumbs I used whole wheat panko bread crumbs. I think I grounded way more almond than she did and when I tried to form into balls it wouldn’t stick together. Hmmm oh yeah that was where her rice was supposed to help, what is a girl supposed to do? So I grinded up oatmeal into flour like substance and added that with the other ingredients. I then added one more flax egg with all those extras: they did the trick so well.  I baked the balls and added them into spaghetti pasta and sauce. Oh so good. When eating alone the smell and taste has a very mushroom flavor. Good if you love mushrooms not so well if you don’t like mushrooms that much.

Until next Saturday with my updates and the recipe I worked on. I hope that your week is fun, happy and all you wish for it.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Jen! Do any of your resolutions involve giving yourself time to relax?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krissy for leaving a comment. No time to relax was not one of my resultions. Only for the fact that i give myself too much time to relax and not enough time to actually do what i need to do. As i have not been blessed yet with any children it is just me and the hubbs and so I have alot more time. one day if i am lucky i will have children and that will be one of my resultions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen, nice resolutions.. i agree with Krissy :).. Can't wait for next sunday :-P

    ReplyDelete